Do you feel like you’re in a bit of a rut? Does your dating life feel more like a chore than anything else? Are you having a hard time getting excited for dates these days? If you feel like you’re in a slump and you need to awaken things, then it’s time to put some fun back into your dating life again. Though you may feel resistant to this at first, you will find that dating can and should be fun!
The thing to remember is that sometimes you have to get a little outside of your comfort zone. You have to say yes to dates that you may have typically turned down, for you never know when an opportunity may arise. You have to go into each date with an open mind and let yourself live in that moment. Of course you always have to listen to your instinct, but if you can go in with a positive attitude and an open mind you may find love in a really great way.
If you want to enjoy dating again and find the right person, then here are some simple but effective ways to make dating fun again—and to hopefully find the best match in the process.
- Don’t say no to a potential opportunity: Though you may have said no in the past to a date that didn’t seem to fit you on paper, you just never know when a great thing may lie before you. Try saying yes to a potential date for it could lead to something great. See what happens and put yourself out there. Saying yes this one time could lead to something really great, and you never know until you try.
- Plan something slightly outside of your comfort zone: Try out rock climbing, a hike, or even a new exotic cuisine for a dinner date. Do something that’s a little outside of your comfort zone, simply because it might be a lot of fun. Be open to new ideas and try something you’ve never done before, as it may be an excellent bonding opportunity with the right person.
- Go in with a positive attitude and see how it changes things: Give yourself a little pep talk and prepare yourself for a positive date. Before each and every date make a conscious effort to go in with a positive attitude and see how much more enjoyable the date becomes. Even if it doesn’t end up being a long term match, try an attitude adjustment and see for yourself how much more fun you can have.
- Talk before hand to make your date more enjoyable and much less anxious: If you communicate before and after the date, it can take some of the anxiety out of things. Make it a point to chat over email, text, or the phone so that you get a chance to really know each other outside of the dating experience. Then when the date comes around you are much more comfortable around each other.
- Celebrate who you are and that will surely draw the right people in. Confidence instantly makes you more attractive. Be happy with who you are and this will draw the right person to you. It will make your dating life far more enjoyable and successful, and you get the added bonus of being happy with the person that you are too.
- Try a new dating avenue that you never considered before: This is your time to try new things so go speed dating, try a new online dating site, or go on a blind date if this is new to you. (Try TheCatch, of course!) Get outside of your own head and try a new dating avenue that you weren’t sure about before but are ready to embrace now. This could help you to finally meet the right person, and you may have a lot of fun along the way.
- Learn to laugh and go in without any assumptions or judgments: Allow yourself to enjoy yourself, to kick back, and to laugh a little bit. Go in without any preconceived notions and stay away from any judgments. Laugh more, worry less, and the dates are sure to be much more enjoyable.
- Put time into looking your best and then leave the rest up to your sparkling personality: There is something to be said for dressing up and looking your best, for then you are confident and truly your best. Do your part and then leave the rest up to being yourself, and you may find that your entire mindset changes. Helping yourself to look your best is great, and then it’s time to enjoy the date knowing that you can feel good about everything. See for yourself, for this is how to have fun and actually enjoy the dating process for once in your life!