The 8 Best Ways To Secure a Second Date
When you go into that first date it may feel as though your nerves truly get the best of you. Though you want to impress this person, you may feel overwhelmed by concern about how you will across and how things will go. This is a great time to take a deep breath and really let your true self-shine through. If you want to get to that second date then you have to be ready for where the night takes you, and ultimately be yourself so that they see what you are all about.
This, of course, takes confidence, but it also means that you have to be open-minded to the possibilities. Though this may not necessarily be the match that you dreamed of on paper, you never know how things can go. If you can stay positive, live in the moment, and really enjoy the time that you spend with this person on the first date then things may go better than you might think. The first date can be an excellent platform for the second date—and here are the tips to help you to win them over and secure that second date to really see where things go!
- Use the power of body language to show interest: This doesn’t mean that you are promiscuous but it just means that you embrace the power of flirting and some well placed body language to win them over. Smile at them, make eye contact, stand with your body open without arms crossed—these are the types of things that show them that you are interested without saying a word! Body language is a very powerful tool in showing this person that you are intriguing and that you are interested in them for more than just this first meeting.
- Be yourself and show confidence: One of the most attractive traits is confidence, so get in touch with your own and let it shine through. This is not a time to pretend, but rather just be yourself and own what that means. When they see that you are confident about the person that you are, then they can’t help but be interested in learning more about you. There is something more to learn and your confidence shows them that you have got it going on, so they want to be a part of that.
- Go in with an open mind and a positive mindset: You never know when this person that you meet could turn into something really great in your life. Don’t shoot yourself down before the date even starts, but rather go in with an open mind. Being positive makes you more attractive and when you see what possibilities may come out of this first date, you may allow yourself to get to the second date when you normally would have never considered it.
- Listen as much as you talk: There should be a good back and forth type of conversation going on in this first date to get to the second one. Be sure that you share details about yourself, but also be ready and willing to listen to them too. When you can find that good balance then good things happen. Be conscious of the ability to talk as much as you listen and vice versa, for good conversation is the key to a second date!
- Have fun and look at this as an opportunity: Stop worrying about what may come and just have fun on the first date. If you want a second date then you need to see this for what it is, and that’s an opportunity. Enjoy yourself, have fun, laugh a little, and see what may come. When you can just have fun it’s very attractive and makes the other person want to see you again with certainty.
- Do something fun together that allows the two of you to talk: Do keep in mind that whatever you do together on that first date makes a difference if you will get to a second date or not. Try to plan something fun together like a picnic at the park or grabbing coffee that ensures that you can enjoy each other’s company. If you want to get the second date then the environment on that first date and your ability to get to know each other matters greatly.
- Leave something to the imagination—a little mystery can go a long way: Though you want to be forthcoming you also want to leave something to the imagination. A little bit of mystery can help to keep them intrigued. This means that you don’t put all your cards out on the table and you leave something for them to get to know about you on future dates to come.
- Focus on the present and this person before you: Stop worrying about the future and never focus on the past—just focus on the present and this person sitting before you! There can be great things to come if you just put yourself into the current situation and stop worrying about what may or may not come to be. This isn’t always easy but if you can just live in this moment and focus on what is happening in the first date, then that second date will be much more likely to come and then you can enjoy what lies ahead from there!