We’re excited to announce that The Catch has officially launched it’s beta in San Francisco! We truly believe in creating a safe and playful way to meet someone online.
The Catch is a female-centric dating app that provides a safe space for women to screen men. It’s a unique game in which one woman invites a small group of men to compete for a date. Through successive question and answer rounds, the woman narrows the pool of male contestants based on her satisfaction with their replies. The male contestant with the most compatible responses earns an in-person date.
Women enjoy freedom and privacy – they ask questions that matter while remaining invisible to men whom they are not interested in. For their part, men are eager to compete because they have a one-in-four chance in lieu of sending out a hundred messages.
Our mission was to bring flirty back, it’s about a unique way of connecting with people, its not about what school you go to or what job you have, it is designed to enable serendipity, stop focusing only looks and start looking into other interesting things like personality and chemistry.
Finally, the data men have all been waiting for: what do women really want to know on a first date?
During The Catch’s private beta testing, we allowed our users to choose between asking questions from our own categorized database or inputing their own.
Graph on the left shows that while many went for similar preset questions from our categories (represented by the larger circles), the majority chose to input their own unique questions (represented by the smaller circles).
Below are the top questions by category. Men, take note!
Question Created by our Users
- If your life can be summed up by a movie title, what would it be called?
- What is your drink of choice?
- It’s the apocalypse. All that remains of the world is you and the SF zoo. Which animal do you eat first and why?
- List three of the most gentlemanly things you’ve ever done for a woman.
- You have to plan a date but do it without spending any money. What would you do?
- Describe your ideal Sunday.
- What kinds of things really make you laugh?
- What did you dress up as for Halloween last year?
- What is your favorite superpower?
- If you could take a vacation anywhere, where would you go and why?
- Where would you take me on our first date?
- Describe your dream house.
- Are you close with your parents? Why or why not?
- Tell me about your favorite American city.
- Describe the strangest place you’ve ever visited.
- What is your favorite brunch spot in the city?
- What is your favorite food?